Thursday, September 1, 2011

Come, follow me...

"Come, follow me..."



To conclude this little meditation on the Sunday readings of August 28th I want to focus on the Gospel that we heard that day. It was from St Matthew.


Christ outlines in very clear and startling terms what is demanded of his followers. And, as before, I'll let the words speak for themselves...


"If anyone wants to be a follower of mine, let him renounce himself and take up his cross and follow me. For anyone who wants to save his life will lose it; but anyone who loses his life for my sake will find it.What then, will a man gain if he wins the whole world and ruins his life?"

1 comment:

  1. There is absolute sacrifice one needs in order to follow Christ. It's a matter of humility to give up your personal desires for a greater purpose which is to serve God no matter the consequences.

    ReplyDelete