Monday, May 28, 2012

Praying to the Holy Spirit


Here's a prayer for the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The person discerning their vocation needs them all!

All powerful God, Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ,
By water and the Holy Spirit you freed me from sin and gave me new life,
Send me your Holy Spirit to be my helper and guide.
Give me the spirist of wisdom and understanding,
The spirit of right judgement and courage,
The spirit of knowledge and reverence,
The spirit of wonder and awe in your presence.
Fill me with the spirit of wonder and awe in your presence.

Pope Benedict's Pentecost homily is well worth reading.

"There are imbalances that frequently lead to conflicts; dialogue between generations is hard and differences sometimes prevail; we witness daily events where people appear to be growing more aggressive and belligerent; understanding one another takes too much effort and people prefer to remain inside their own sphere, cultivating their own interests. In this situation, can we really discover and experience the unity we so need?

On Pentecost, where there was division and incomprehension, unity and understanding were born."



No comments:

Post a Comment