Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Farewell to a Brother...

There are a number of reasons why we call ourselves Brothers. One reason is that it defines the manner in which we try to relate to other people. However, it also describes how we relate to one another within our religious congregation. So, when Brother Joe Nealon passed away last week, it felt as though a brother had died.

Br. Joe lived in Cork and was a native of Co. Limerick. He taught for many years in Scoil Chriost Ri in Turner's Cross in Cork city. He was laid to rest at the Brothers' cemetery at Mount St Joseph on Saturday.

Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him O Lord.


4 comments:

  1. Rest in Peace, Brother Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for everything BrJoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very sadly missed joe and always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this...I was for a short time in the sixties a Pres Brother and I remember I was Bro Joe's "Guardian Angel" when he first came up to the Mount. I left in 1966 but thank God he remained and obviously led a full life in the brothers. My memory is of a conscientius and joyful young man. May he rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete