Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Get spiritually fit...






I love to watch and follow sport. I played a lot of  sport over the years but I find myself more of an armchair follower these days. Knowing what it takes, I admire the men and women who give us so much enjoyment through their commitment and skills. Last Sunday, for instance, no one could deny the skill of the footballers of Cork and Kerry during the Munster Football Final.

Big match day is an impressive spectacle but there are also the unseen hours of practice, training and perfection. 

If you are discerning a vocation to religious life I encourage you to  make sure you are getting spiritually fit as you try to live the Christian life.
St Paul says:
“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win it. (1Cor. 9:24) 

Becoming spiritually fit mirrors to a degree the challenge of becoming physically fit. Both take effort. Both processes are demanding. Both are necessary.

If you'd like to try to become spiritually fit with the Presentation Brothers, please get in touch! I'm at vocation@PresentationBrothers.org  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment